Monday 15 August 2011

More iMac probs.

Further problems with my iMac! found some dead pixels on my replaced LCD screen.

Quite possibly not spotted by the tech support people as they didn't bother to clean off their grubby finger prints from the glass. (ever heard of quality of work or even pvc gloves?)

Despite several attempts I've not managed to get them all off, not very good quality of service.  The geniuses at the Apple store were really embarrassed at the state it had been left in when I went to pick it up last week.  Clearly this is not the service they expect from the repair people either!

Amusingly I did a search for reconditioned iMacs and found one identical to mine reconditioned for about the same price as the repair work which additionally came with 12 month warranty and the option to purchase Apple Care. Needless to say I shall be using this as ammunition to get a bit more than the crappy 90 day warranty I have been given on the repair work.  My confidence in the not only the build quality but the quality of the repair work has shaken my faith in Apple, I will definitely be demanding compensation.

Bad for the people at the Reading Apple Store, they have been very helpful and it truely isnt their fault but, they are on the front line.

Sadly I am facing further time apart from my beloved iMac :(

No comments:

Post a Comment