Monday 15 August 2011

iTunes account authorised to my pre tech support iMac

Grr getting my iMac ready for it's next trip to the Apple store.

I think this time I'll de-authorise my iTunes account  so that I don't lose another of my quota of computers I can link it too.

Not a major problem but, somewhat of an irritation.

In a similar way to the way that Windows asks you to re register when it detects a significant hardware change  iTunes recognises that it's not the same computer you previously used your account with. annoyingly they only let you hook it up with 5 machines.

You'd have thought the tech support people might have taken care of that for me given they decided to change the damn mother board.

So anyone know how to deauthorise an iTunes account from a machine that no longer exists?

Time to consult the mighty G I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment