Thursday 28 July 2011

Olympic Tickets Fail

So today marks a year before the start of the London 2012 Olympics,  lots of documentaries on TV about the building of the site and preparations.  All very interesting and I love a bit of Olympics me  but, all this is just serving to wind me up....why?  well because I didn't manage to get any blinking tickets.  Come to think of it, out of all the people that I know that applied for tickets I only know 1 person who managed to get any (even then only for beach volley ball). 

This bugs me,  I mean whilst I didn't think I would get tickets for either the opening or closing ceremonies,  I had hoped for tickets to the stadium for one of the minor track and field days  and was really crossing my fingers that I'd get some velodrome tickets.

Sigh.....

I hope its like when buying concert tickets when they have sold out but all of a sudden closer to the event more become available.

At the very least I hope they have an area near the Olympic village where they will show the games.  I know I can watch at home but I want to get some of the atmosphere.


I can take some solace in the fact that I can at least stand by the road for the road cycling / time trial events.

No comments:

Post a Comment