Thursday 8 September 2011

Crazy Bass - Bill "Buddha" Dickens


For the next part in my Crazy Bass series I'd like to introduce you to Bill "Buddha" Dickens.
Bill is well know for speed funk slapping and the use of 7, 9 and 11 string custom basses.  He is also the creator of the "Buddha band" which he puts around the fret board capo style to stop the strings from creating to much noise at the speed he plays.



For my money,  whilst he is impressive his style falls into the OTT category.  I've been watching his videos for years now and whilst I can watch other funk slap masters such as Louis Johnson for hours I find Buddha to be hard to watch after a while.  Still given the remit of this series of mine he is certainly talented, certainly a crazy bass player and the possessor of some crazy basses.

No comments:

Post a Comment